A Dogs Life, dublin
Kelly has been in our care since the end of 2022. She has really come on great in her foster home and has grown in confidence and now goes out on short walks in her neighbourhood. She is so ready for the next step – her forever home. She hasn’t had an easy life and she likely hasn’t seen much of the world so this growth in confidence has been great for her..
Kelly is a mature girl, at least 6 years old. Kelly never had the chance to develop confidence in social interactions with people so she shows quite a bit of over-appeasing behaviour & is sensitive to social pressure. But, my word, she is so enthusiastically & wonderfully affectionate, giving cuddles & kisses, wanting to be close to you, seeking friendship. This will mean her new humans will learn to recognise her comfort & respond gently with her.
She is clean in the house & sleeps in confinement quietly all night. She LOVES her grub (so you will need to watch her waistline!) & is always happy to see you. She can spend some time alone & being on the sofa with you is one of her favourite past-times.
A home for Kelly will:
– be in a rural, semi-rural, or in a mature & quiet housing estate (e.g., a cul-de-sac)
– must have a secure garden or yard
– adult home (management in place for visiting children or activity); older kids will work too
– a quiet enough home without too much activity/comings & goings, but she is doing well in a moderately active foster
– no dog or another dog of smaller/medium size who is quiet & mature
– no small pets or cats as we think she might like to chase those
– likes to hang out at home, pottering about & cuddling on the sofa
– will continue to work with A Dog’s Life to support Kelly
Kelly will make such a wonderful companion for someone who would love a dog, is a bit of a home-body, who is kinda sedentary and would work best with a relatively low-maintenance & gorgeous dog!
The right home and family for Kelly may not be active online. If you think you might know someone who would be right for Kelly, please consider sharing her information old-skool & in-person too!
Kelly is fully vaccinated, microchipped (972274200373938 ) and neutered. If you can offer Kelly a suitable forever home or know someone who can please go to www.adogslife.ie/kelly and fill out adoption form